Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Media and Design...HEYO!!

Basically, what chapter 47 of the Norton Field Guide to Writing is about is what kinds of designs are there to choose from. It had bullet points to state which elements are the most important. These include type, layout, paragraphs, lists, headings, and white space. I'm a visual type of person. I like to see things and how they happen. That's why it's kind of difficult for me to read a huge text that is just words. I like things that show me what I'm reading such as graphs or charts. Chapter 48 is about spoken texts, which I don't even want to think about. I absolutely hate giving speeches. They are not my forte at all. In the book, it states that you should speak clearly, pause for emphasis, avoid reading the presentation, stand up straight and look at the audience, use gestures, and practice. For me, though, no matter how much I practice, I always seem to violate these rules for public speaking. Chapter 49 talks about electronic texts, such as websites or e-mail. In the book, it listed key features for e-mail on page 478 and key features for websites on page 479. Long story short, it needs to be clear and organized.

No comments:

Post a Comment