Sunday, September 6, 2009

Coming Up With Ideas/Narratives

Freewriting seems simple but difficult at the same time. Writing about anything for 5-10 minutes can hard if you have nothing to say. Looping seems easier just because you know about the subject you're writing about. I think I like listing the best. I'm better at just writing a couple words down, then adding sentences from there. Clustering is like what I always had to do in elementary, middle, and high school. It's just another way of organizing ideas and putting things together. Cubing has six sides to it; describe, compare, classify, analyze, apply, and argue. Answer the questions what? who? when? where? why? how? I always like to make an outline before I start writing. It keeps me on track. I also like the formal outline better just because it seems more organized and easier to read.

All the literacy narratives we had to read had a clear purpose. Some began with stories, others began with a little bit of background information. In all these narratives, you got to know the author. It was easy to identify the author's significance of his/her story. The stances were different in each one also. In the first one, written by Tanya Barrientos, I could tell that she was very distraught for not knowing any Spanish. She felt very out of place and seemed determined to "become" Latino, even though she already was, but didn't view herself that way. Once again, all the narratives had vivid details, which is part of writing a narrative. Some were hard for me to comprehend at first, probably because I wasn't the "right" audience for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment